Columbus Blue Jackets @ St. Louis Blues
Saturday, January 4th, 2014, 8:00PM
Scottrade Center, St. Louis, Missouri
After making a great start to 2014 by shutting out Phoenix 2-0, the Blue Jackets are headed to St. Louis to take on Ken Hitchcock and the Blues. This is the third game of a 4-game road trip for Columbus, and a 2nd straight home game for St. Louis after posting a shutout against the Kings on Thursday. The Blues are on a roll, but Nathan Horton being in the lineup could be a game changer for the Jackets.
These two teams have only met once this year, a game in Columbus where St. Louis won 4-3 in overtime.
Brian Elliot (.928 save percentage and 1.84 GAA in 17 games played) will be making the start in net tonight for the St. Louis.
The Jackets injury list is starting to shrink, and now is the time they must step up their game in order to stay in the playoff hunt. There is hardly a better test than playing the Blues in their home arena. Will the Blue Jackets be up for the challenge? This writer thinks so.
- The Blues are currently in 3rd place overall in the West with 61 points, and have gone 7-1-2 in their last 10 games. They are also on a 4-game winning streak.
- R.J. Umberger has 3 points in the last two games (1 goal, 2 assists).
- The Blues have activated defenseman Jordan Leopold off of IR, and he is expected to be in the lineup tonight.
- The Blue Jackets are currently 13th overall in the East, but are only 4 points out of 8th place, and they are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games.
- Nathan Horton finally made his debut in a Blue Jackets sweater on Thursday, and did it with a bang, scoring the game-winning goal, and recording a time on ice of 14:47.
- Derek Mackenzie was suspended 3 games by the NHL for boarding Oliver Ekman-Larsson in Phoenix on Thursday and will not be in the lineup.
- Dalton Prout has been activated, and may also be in the lineup tonight.
The Union and Blue Song For the Game:
Bright Eyes – Another Travelin’ Song
Tags: Columbus Blue Jackets