Columbus Blue Jackets @ New Jersey Devils
Friday, December 27th, 2013, 7:00 PM
Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey
After a nice three day break for the Christmas holiday, the Blue Jackets are back in action tonight with a Metropolitan Division match up with the New Jersey Devils. Columbus is coming off a dramatic 4-3 win over the Carolina Hurricanes this past Monday, which saw them go ahead in the final minutes on goals from Ryan Johansen and Jack Skille. It was truly the perfect way to close things out before the holiday break.
The Devils are coming off a 5-2 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks this past Monday. Devils goaltender Cory Schneider made 32 saves on 37 shots in the losing effort. This after Martin Brodeur allowed 4 goals on 32 shots two nights prior against the Washington Capitals.
Tonight is a big game for both teams, as they are only separated by a point in the division. Both the Blue Jackets and the Devils could also be .500 with a win tonight.
- The Devils have now slipped to 12th in the league for GAA (2.47 / game) and have allowed nine goal in their last two games. The Blue Jackets are 20th overall with a 2.84 GAA. [ NHL.com ]
- New Jersey is averaging 2.42 goals per game (20th overall), whereas the Jackets have risen up to 13th, with 2.70 goals per game. [ NHL.com ]
- The Devils are 5th for Team Fenwick For%, with a FF% of 52.9%. Columbus is all the way back in 25th with 47.5%. [ Extra Skater.com ]
- The Jackets PDO is now up to 100.3%, which is right where it was the last time we checked in, so they are still over performing, and have yet to regress. [ Extra Skater.com ]
- The Jackets are scheduled to take their morning skate at 11:30 this morning, so more will be known about the lineup for tonight then. With the Christmas break it is difficult to tell who has healed up, who is injured, or who will be in net tonight for Columbus. Check back later for updates, as well as @UnionAndBlue for the latest!
The Union and Blue Song For the Game
Bruce Springsteen – “Born To Run”
I’m back in New Jersey visiting family for the holidays and will be in attendance at tonight’s game at the Rock. It’s the perfect time to break out Born To Run, without a doubt the greatest song of all time.