Statistics are a major part of sports and help us determine how a team or player is progressing through a season. During the middle stretch of the NHL season, it is important to look at statistics and decide where the players and teams need to improve. The Columbus Blue Jackets currently sit with fourteen wins, sixteen losses, four overtime losses and are situated in the bottom of the pack in the Metropolitan Division.
The Blue Jackets have been hit hard with injuries lately, but Marian Gaborik, Curtis McElhinney, and Sergei Bobrovsky are set to make returns soon. Some players have stepped up and improved their game, and some players have slipped.
- 12 – Ryan Johansen
- 9 – Nick Foligno, Artem Anisi ov, Cam Atkinson
- 8 – R.J. Umberger
- Ryan Johansen has been on a point streak lately. Hopefully he continues this weekend against the Philadelphia Flyers.
- 27 – Ryan Johansen
- 21 – Brandon Dubinsky
- 18 – Nick Foligno, RJ Umberger, James Wisniewski
- Tim Erixon has yet to register a point. He is expected to play this weekend, and hopefully he will find the back of the net against Steve Mason.
- 102 – Cam Atkinson
- 92 – Ryan Johansen
- 68 – Brandon Dubinsky
- 65 – Artem Anisimov
- Take a look at that huge gap between Dubinsky and Johansen. What do you think that says?
- 25% - Jack Skille (8 shots with 2 goals)
- 20% – Matt Calvert (20 shots with 4 goals)
- 18.8% – Nick Foligno (48 shots with 9 goals)
- 13.8% – Artem Anisimov (65 shots with 9 goals)
- 0% – Dalton Prout, Corey Tropp, Sean Collins, Michael Chaput, Ryan Craig, Tim Erixon
- +4 – Nick Foligno, Matt Calvert
- +3 – Ryan Murray
- -6 – Blake Comeau, Jared Boll, Artem Anisimov
- -7 – Dalton Prout
- -12 – Jack Johnson
- The only one that surprises me is Artem Anisimov.
Sergei Bobrovsky‘s current stats
- GAA – 2.72
- Shots Against – 646
- Goals Against – 59
- Save Percentage – .909
- Assists – 1!
- Penalty Minutes – 2
Curtis McElhinney‘s current stats
- GAA – 2.26
- Shots Against – 299
- Goals Against -22
- Save Percentage – .926
Mike McKenna‘s current stats
- GAA – 3.02
- Shots Against – 81
- Goals Against – 8
- Save Percentage – .901
Click next to see statistics for upcoming opponents!
Tags: Columbus Blue Jackets