Statistics are a major part of sports and help us determine how a team or player is progressing through a season. It may still be early in the NHL season, but I don’t believe it is too early to take a look at some important stats. The Columbus Blue Jackets currently sit with eleven wins, fourteen losses, three overtime losses and are situated in the bottom of the pack in the Metropolitan Division.
With Sergei Bobrovsky injured, the rest of the players are going to have to step up their game and help Curtis McElhinney keep pucks out of the net. The Jackets also have back to back games next week, which means that we will most likely see Mike McKenna in net. There will be a lot to write about!
- The team has a total of 67 goals
- 10 - Ryan Johansen
- 7 – Nick Foligno, Artem Anisimov
- 6 – RJ Umberger, Cam Atkinson
- The focus this week has seemed to shift the Johansen’s breakout season. Also, Jack Skille (a call-up) has more goals in 7 games than Mark Letestu (a veteran) has in 28 games.
- 81 – Cam Atkinson
- 77 – Ryan Johansen
- 55 - James Wisniewski
- 9 - Jared Boll
- 0 – Corey Tropp
- Jared Boll hasn’t taken a shot since last week? That’s not good.
- 25% - Jack Skille (8 shots with 2 goals)
- 21.2% – Nick Foligno (33 shots with 7 goals)
- 16.7% - Ryan Murray (18 shots with 3 goals)
- 3.6% – James Wisniewski (55 shots with 2 goals)
- 0% – Ryan Craig, Sean Collins, Dalton Prout, Tim Erixon, David Savard, Michael Chaput, Corey Tropp
- +4 - David Savard
- +3 – Nick Foligno
- -6 – Jared Boll, Artem Anisimov, Dalton Prout, Boone Jenner
- -7 – Fedor Tyutin, Cam Atkinson
- -8 – Blake Comeau
- -13 - Jack Johnson
- Jack Johnson has the most time on the ice of any player, and he always plays on the penalty kill, so it only makes sense that he is a -13.
Sergei Bobrovsky‘s current stats
- GAA – 2.72
- Shots Against – 646
- Goals Against – 59
- Save Percentage – .909
- Assists – 1!
- Penalty Minutes – 2
Curtis McElhinney‘s current stats
- GAA – 2.34
- Shots Against – 199
- Goals Against -15
- Save Percentage – .925
Click next to see statistics for upcoming opponents!