The 2014 World Junior Championships, an International Ice Hockey Federation tournament, will be held in Sweden this year – the tournament will begin in late December, and it will conclude on the 5th of January.
The Columbus Blue Jackets announced today that two prospects have been invited to Hockey Canada’s selection camp…
Columbus Blue Jackets prospects Kerby Rychel and Josh Anderson are among the 25 players selected to participate in Hockey Canada’s National Junior Team selection camp, Hockey Canada in partnership with the Canadian Hockey League, announced today. The camp will begin on Thursday, December 12 at the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence in Etobicoke, Ontario.
- Selected 19th overall in the 1st round of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft
- Currently playing for the Windsor Spitfires of the OHL – Team Captain
- 27 games played, 16 goals, 23 assists [39 points, +13]
- Has previous International experience
- Selected 95th overall in the 4th round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft
- Currently playing for the London Knights of the OHL
- 27 games played, 13 goals, 11 assists [24 points, +12]
Team Canada will be part of group A during the tournament and will play against USA, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Germany. They open up tournament play against Germany on December 26th. For more information about the 2014 World Junior Championship visit the IIHF World Junior Championship website.