Cannonballs is a daily series where we will gather up links to other interesting stories from the Columbus Blue Jackets blogosphere, as well as general NHL and hockey news. While we strive to bring you the best coverage of the Columbus Blue Jackets here at the Union and Blue, there are several other CBJ blogs that do a great job as well. So with that, here is today’s (and the second!) edition of Union and Blue Cannonballs!
Columbus Blue Jackets:
- Magical Mystery Tour Ends: Jackets Burn Leafs [ The Cannon ] : Jeff Little wrote an excellent recap of last night’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Inconsistency From Blue Jackets Is Perplexing [ FOX Sports Ohio ] : Rick Gethin ponders the up and down rhythm that has seemed to control the Jackets, especially during the Western Canada swing.
- CBJ @ TOR Game In One Picture [ Full Mental Jackets ] : Brett Ireland (@rockmanhalo) always does a fantastic job with his game in one picture post, and this is no exception.
- By The Numbers: Blue Jackets at Maple Leafs [ BlueJackets.com ] : Kristyn Repke looks at interesting statistics from last night’s game, including milestones and face off percentages.
- Murphy Won’t Soon Forget His First NHL Goal [ BlueJackets.com ] : Dublin, Ohio native Connor Murphy made his NHL debut and scored his first NHL goal all in one night. Murphy is a product of the Ohio AAA Blue Jackets program. Click to read an interview with the Phoenix Coyote’s newest sensation!
- NHL Faces Concussion Lawsuit [ Puck Daddy ] : Ten former NHL players filed a class action lawsuit that states that the NHL failed to respond appropriately to head injuries. Keep an eye on this one, it could get ugly.
Tags: Columbus Blue Jackets