Statistics are a major part of sports and help us determine how a team or player is progressing through a season. It may still be early in the NHL season, but I don’t believe it is too early to take a look at some important stats. The Columbus Blue Jackets currently sit with seven wins, ten losses, & three overtime losses, and are situated in the bottom of the pack in the Metropolitan Division.
What a great win over Ottawa on Sunday! The Blue Jackets seem to finally be on their way back from the bottom as players become healthy again and confidence is back.
- The team has a total of 51 goals
- 6 – Ryan Johansen
- 5 – Marian Gaborik, RJ Umberger, Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Cam Atkinson
- 3 – Nick Foligno
- Where did Ryan Johansen come from? He has been on fire lately!
- 16 – James Wisniewski
- 15 – Brandon Dubinsky
- 13 – Ryan Johansen
- 11 – Marian Gaborik, RJ Umberger
- Jared Boll finally got a point. Marian Gaborik failed to get any points this past week.
- 66 – Cam Atkinson
- 54 – Ryan Johansen
- 49 – Brandon Dubinsky
- 9 – Jared Boll
- Last week, Ryan Johansen wasn’t even on this list. Let’s hope he keeps going at the pace he is now.
- 19% – Nick Foligno
- 12.5% – Artem Anisimov, Boone Jenner, Ryan Murray
- 11.9% – Marian Gaborik
- 4% – Mark Letestu
- 0% – David Savard, Nikita Nikitin, Dalton Prout
Sergei Bobrovsky‘s current stats
- GAA – 2.72
- Shots Against – 477
- Goals Against – 42
- Save Percentage – .912
- Assists – 1!
- Penalty Minutes – 2
- Bobrovsky came back in old form Sunday in Ottawa. Let’s hope he can keep it up.
Curtis McElhinney‘s current stats
- GAA – 1.94
- Shots Against – 141
- Goals Against – 9
- Save Percentage – .936