Statistics are a major part of sports and help us determine how a team or player is progressing through a season. It may still be early in the NHL season, but I don’t believe it is too early to take a look at some important stats. The Columbus Blue Jackets currently sit with six wins and ten losses and are situated in the bottom of the pack in the Metropolitan Division.
So much has happened in the past week that I don’t even know where to begin. The Blue Jackets finally broke their 5 game losing streak after an embarrassing night of hockey against the New York Rangers.
- The team has a total of 40 goals
- 5 – Marian Gaborik, Ryan Johansen
- 4 – Artem Anisimov, Cam Atkinson, Brandon Dubinsky
- 3 – Nick Foligno, RJ Umberger
- 13 – James Wisniewski, Brandon Dubinsky
- 11 – Marian Gaborik, Ryan Johansen
- 9 – RJ Umberger
- Jared Boll has yet to register a point. Marian Gaborik has slowed down on his scoring, which is a major concern for someone who is being paid $7.5M per year.
- 56 – Cam Atkinson
- 43 – James Wisniewski
- 40 – Brandon Dubinsky
- 12 – Dalton Prout
- 6 – Jared Boll
- Where has Jared Boll been?
- 18.8% – Nick Foligno
- 13.5% – Marian Gaborik
- 13.3% – Ryan Murray
- 4% – Blake Comeau
- 0% – David Savard, Nikita Nikitin, Dalton Prout, Jared Boll
- +4 – David Savard
- +3 – Nick Foligno, Ryan Murray
- -5 – Blake Comeau, Jared Boll, Dalton Prout
- -8 – Jack Johnson
- David Savard has the best plus/minus, again. Ryan Murray is a +3 and has really showcased his skills lately. He has been one of the most consistent players and a great asset to the big club.
Sergei Bobrovsky‘s current stats
- GAA – 2.75
- Shots Against – 382
- Goals Against – 34
- Save Percentage – .911
- Assists – 1!
- The old Vezina Trophy winner is making a comeback
Curtis McElhinney‘s current stats
- GAA – 1.97
- Shots Against – 101
- Goals Against – 7
- Save Percentage – .937