Statistics are a major part of sports and help us determine how a team or player is progressing through a season. It may still be early in the NHL season, but I don’t believe it is too early to take a look at some important stats. The Columbus Blue Jackets currently sit with five wins and six losses and are situated in the middle of the pack in the Metropolitan Division.
After a disappointing weekend against the Penguins, the Columbus Blue Jackets are looking to regroup and come back fighting. The team is struggling to find their momentum and prove that they are strong enough to play in the East.
- The team has a total of 32 goals
- 5 – Marian Gaborik
- 4 – Artem Anisimov, Ryan Johansen
- 3 – Brandon Dubinsky, Nick Foligno, Cam Atkinson
- 10 – Marian Gaborik, James Wisniewski
- 8 – Brandon Dubinsky
- Derek MacKenzie registered his first goal of the season this weekend. James Wisneiwski added an assist, but there were really no other changes in points.
Penalties in Minutes
- 32 – Brandon Dubinsky
- 16 – Jared Boll
- 13 – Nick Foligno
Shots on Goal
- 46 – Cam Atkinson
- 35 – Brandon Dubinsky
- 31 – Marian Gaborik, James Wisniewski, Ryan Johansen
- Cam Atkinson has 46 shots but only 3 goals. Why is he not finding the back of the net?
- 20% – Nick Foligno
- 16.1% – Marian Gaborik
- 14.8% – Artem Anisimov
Sergei Bobrovsky‘s current stats
- GAA – 2.79
- Shots Against – 323
- Goals Against – 29
- Save Percentage – .910
- Bobrovsky was pulled from the game on Friday and did not start on Saturday. He has also only won 4 games and lost 7. What has happened to our Vezina winner?
Curtis McElhinney‘s current stats
- GAA – 1.51
- Shots Against – 78
- Goals Against – 4
- Save Percentage – .949