Here at the Union and Blue, we are committed to covering the Columbus Blue Jackets and bringing you the latest news and opinions about the team. The Blue Jackets are not the only hockey team in Ohio and in the Ohio Hockey News Roundup we will provide a quick overview of the latest news in Ohio hockey. The primary focus will be the Lake Erie Monsters of the AHL, the Toledo Walleye of the ECHL, and the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL, as well as any interesting news at the NCAA level.
Lake Erie Monsters
Not much went on for Lake Erie since the last roundup, as they only had one game scheduled in that time span. The Monsters got back to .500 with a 3-2 shootout win over the Hamilton Bulldogs on Friday at the Q. The Monsters have another stretch of off days before they head out to Abbotsford for two games against the Heat (October 25th and 26th).
- Game highlights from Friday’s win over Hamilton [ Lake Erie Monsters.com ]
- Monsters.com recap of the game [ Lake Erie Monsters.com ]
- Cleveland Plain Dealer recap [ Cleveland Plain Dealer ]
- Plain Dealer interview with Monsters RW J.T. Wyman [ Cleveland Plain Dealer ]
Ohio State remains winless so far this season. They allowed Bowling Green to come back from a 3-0 deficit on Tuesday October 15th. Ohio State next plays two games against Robert Morris on Friday and Saturday.
- Recap of the loss to Bowling Green [ Toledo Blade ]
Toledo opened their season on Saturday the 19th with a win on the road against the Fort Wayne Komets. They will next play on the road against Cincinnati on the 24th. The Walleye home opener will be this Saturday against the Wheeling Nailers.
- Toledo Blade recap of the win over Fort Wayne [ Toledo Blade ]
- Toledo Walleye.com Recap [ Toledo Walleye.com ]
- 13 ABC recap [ 13 ABC ]
Cincinnati opened their season on Saturday in Cincinnati against the Wheeling Nailers. The Cyclones won the game 4-2. They next play on the 24th against Toledo.
- Game recap from The Intellingencer [ The Intellingencer ]
Tags: Ohio Hockey