The Columbus Blue Jackets will be going into their third game of the season with a one and one record. Not exactly the fast start fans wanted out of the Blue Jackets, seeing as the last months of the season last year were overflowing with wins. On the bright side, Columbus won their first away game of the season, and will look to make it two away wins in row this week.
The Buffalo Sabres will welcome the Blue Jackets into the First Niagara Center on Thursday, October 10th. The Sabres are one of two teams, the other being the Flyers, with a record of zero wins and three losses currently. The Sabres will play one game before facing off against Columbus though, as they take on the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday, the 8th, at home.
- Vanek and Girgensons are the only two Sabres who have recorded a goal so far this season for the Sabres.
- Ryan Miller has not played since loosing 1-0 to Ottawa on Friday, October 4th. Apparently he is nursing an injury.
The last time the Sabres and the Blue Jackets met was November 25th, 2011. The Blue Jackets won the game by a score of 5-1. The game was played at home in Columbus.
After Thursdays away game in Buffalo, the Blue Jackets come back to Columbus to defend Nationwide Arena against the Boston Bruins on Saturday the 12th. The Bruins currently sit with two wins and are without a loss so far this season. Boston will play at home on the tenth before heading to Columbus, as they host the Colorado Avalanche. That will make three games in a row at home, which means facing the Blue Jackets in Columbus will be there first away game of the season.
- Lucic has three points in the two games the Bruins have played. One goal and two assists.
- Krug, a 22 year old defenseman, has only played in 5 regular season games in his career. He scored one goal and added an assist in their last game against Detroit.
- Rask has started both games for the Bruins this season, and has won both. He is currently sporting a .966% save percentage.
The last time the Bruins and the Blue Jackets faced off was December 10th, 2011. The game was played in Columbus and the Bruins defeated the Blue Jackets 5-3.
After the Blue Jackets take on the the Bruins they have another short break before playing on the 15th against Detroit. Insight on that game will be apart of our weekly preview next week, make sure to check back for pre-game coverage for the Sabres and Bruins match-ups later this week.
Tags: Columbus Blue Jackets