Yesterday, the 5th of September, I got so excited about the Columbus Blue Jackets participating in the Traverse City Tournament, that I didn’t cover the announcement of Training Camp. It was publicized that on September 11th, Training Camp will begin with a media luncheon and for the players, fitness testing. Here is some more information provided by BlueJackets.NHL.com…
The team will take the ice for the first time on Thursday, September 12 at the OhioHealth Ice Haus. During training camp, all practices held at the IceHaus will be open to the public as will a full-team scrimmage scheduled for 11 a.m. on Saturday, September 14 on the main ice surface at Nationwide Arena.
The 58 players who were invited to this years camp have been dived into two teams…
- Forwards (16): Boll, Collins, Craig, Foligno, Gabriel, Hansen, Jenner, Johansen, Joudrey, Langlois, Letestu, Machacek, MacKenzie, Skille, Smith, Umberger
- Defensmen (9): Goloubef, Johnson, Lavin, Larkin, Nikitin, St. Denis, Savard, Tyutin, Weber
- Goaltenders (3): Dansk, McElhinney, Smith
- Forwards (17): Aleardi, Anisimov, Anderson, Atkinson, Audy-Marchessault, Bass, Bjorkstrand, Calvert, Chaput, Comeau, Dubinsky, Gaborik, Little, Moutrey, Rychel, Sedlak, Vogelhuber
- Defensemen (9): Curcuruto, Erixon, Heatherington, Madaisky, McNeill, Murray, Melart, Parlett, Wisniewski
- Goaltenders (2): Bobrovsky, McKenna
They have also listed the two injured players, Nathan Horton and Dalton Prout. Both were expected to miss training camp. It is still unclear as to the situation of Prout though, there seemed to be speculation that he could be back just in time for the regular season. Hopefully an update will be given on his status during Training Camp.
The first pre-season game is on Sunday the 15th, the Blue Jackets will face the Pittsburgh Penguins at Nationwide Arena @ 6 PM. The game is being televised on the NHL Network as well.
Look for more Training Camp updates next week!