As I woke up this morning I realized, this could be the last day of hockey for the 2012-13 season. The Chicago Blackhawks could potentially close out the series tonight and win the Stanley Cup, which would culminate a dominating season for the Hawks. On the other side you have the Bruins, who you can never count out, even if the Hawks end up leading deep into the third period. I don’t know if I would even want to be a fan of either of these two teams tonight.
I still don’t think we can say that the Blackhawks have the momentum in this series, especially since the series goes back to Boston for game 6. The Bruins have been fairly sturdy while playing at home, and will have a good shot at taking this series to a seventh game. On the other hand, the last time the Blackhawks hoisted the cup, in 2010, was on away ice in Philadelphia. 8:00 PM (est) tonight, game six, in Boston, don’t miss the potential last game of the season. You can find a full game preview from NHL.com here.
Charging Through The Headlines:
- By the way it has been sounding lately, we may see the first of Ryan Murray in a Blue Jackets uniform during this upcoming season. More on his recovery from shoulder surgery from CBJ Today.
- BlackhawkUp.com looks at who’s injury will make the most impact on tonight’s game.
- NHL.com posted a video of all the best moments from games one through five.
- EditorInLeaf.com takes a quick look at the Jonathan Bernier trade.
- The NHL Dream Draft is winding down, the best pick at #8 overall is….