Barry Melrose, during NHL Tonight on the NHL Network, had this to say about the game last night…
If you would of you told me before this game, that the Chicago Blackhawks would not have showed up, would not have played with any passion, and would have got beat physically by the Boston Bruins, I would of said your nuts
That is the biggest story of last night, the Boston Bruins came to play, but where were the Hawks? It was as if they were playing the last game of a long road trip. Melrose went on to say that the only reason the score wasn’t any worse was because of Corey Crawford.
Full team play from the Bruins last night (pretty much throughout the playoffs) won the game, top to bottom, each and every player contributed one way or another. Whether it was the 3rd line bringing the energy, or the top lines with scoring chances, oh and don’t forget the defense, the list goes on and on. I have to mention Tuukka Rask as well, he recorded his 3rd shutout in the playoffs.
Game four will be played at the TD Garden in Boston on Wednesday night at 8:00 PM et. Lets hope the Blackhawks show up, or this series is going to end a lot earlier than anyone thought. The Bruins will look to take a 3-1 lead in the series, it wouldn’t be the first time that the Hawks came back from down in a series though. Check out the series recap from NHL.com.
Flying Through Fansided:
- CausewayCrowd.com gives their reactions regarding another victory by the Bruins.
- Blackhawkup.com goes over their “Five Reactions After Game #3 Loss”.
Charging Through The Headlines:
- Marian Hossa missed game three last night after an injury during warm ups. NHL.com has more on Hossa’s injury.
- ProHockeyTalk reports that Mark Streit strikes a deal with the Philadelphia Flyers.
- The Detroit Red Wings and Pavel Datsyuk might possibly be close to an extension, read more from the Detriot Free Press.