As a kid, I remember getting nervous, excited, basically a roller-coaster of emotions, just playing in the Final of a local tournament. The coaches would tell you that you all played great and it didn’t matter if you won or lost. You knew though, losing wasn’t an option, you had to win. You wanted that big, shiny trophy. Sound familiar?
I can’t imagine what the Bruins/Blackhawks players feel like today. Even the players who have played in the Cup Final before, there still has to be such high emotions in the locker rooms. As the players go through their rituals, enjoy their pre-game meal, and are warming up in the pre-game skate, only one thing is on their mind, that big, shiny trophy.
The day is finally here, game one of the Stanley Cup Final. Game time is set for 8:00 PM at the United Center, here is a preview from NHL.com.
Charging Through The Headlines:
- CausewayCrowd.com, of Fansided, takes a look at the two goaltenders and how they fare against the opposing teams talent.
- Blackhawkup.com, of Fansided, highlights three Blackhawks players who need to step it up a notch during the Stanley Cup Final.
- NHL.com and NHL Network posted their Stanley Cup Final predictions.
- Jaromir Jagr is back! It only took him 21 years. Check out the video and article from NHL.com.
- Finally a CBJ Article! TSN.ca‘s Scott Cullen reports on the game plan for the Columbus Blue Jackets going into the draft and next season.
Don’t forget to vote in our poll, tell us who you think is going to win the Stanley Cup!